Service to Service failing when using Kalix-proxy:1.1.15

Hi Team,

I’m getting error while trying service to service with Kalix proxy image version - kalix-proxy:1.1.15

Code:
option (kalix.service).eventing.in.direct = {
service: “host.docker.internal:9002”
event_stream_id: “connection_events”
};

Error:

2023-09-01 23:10:08,634 ERROR k.j.i.DiscoveryImpl [kalix-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-14 ] - Unspecified reported from Kalix system: Service failed to start because of an unexpected error: path parameter: Invalid path ‘kalix.dev-mode.service-port-mappings.host.docker.internal:9002’: Token not allowed in path expression: ‘:’ (you can double-quote this token if you really want it here)

If I use kalix-proxy:1.1.7, then same code is working

Success Log:
2023-09-01 23:18:31,840 INFO k.j.i.DiscoveryImpl [kalix-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-7 ] - Info reported from Kalix system: Service to service stream id [connection_events] in service [host.docker.internal:9002] configured as event source for component [au.com.westpac.blsop.domain.view.ConnectionIdView]

Can you please help with this.

Hi Thamizh07,

This part looks suspicious:

That property should be something like: -Dkalix.dev-mode.service-port-mappings.[your-service]=host.docker.internal:9002. So it seems like it’s missing the service name and the =. The reason it does not fail with 1.1.7 is probably because that property kalix.dev-mode.service-port-mappings did not exist, thus it’s being ignored.

Complete docs on how to run multiple services locally can be found here.

Hope that helps.