Query service data locally

View service data

It is often helpful to see the data of your running service for debugging and administration purposes. With the Kalix CLI, kalix, you can view the entities that are stored in the durable state store. That allows you to see both the current state and the received events.

Is this possible locally too? I’m not able to find in the documentation whether this should work locally too.

Thanks!

Hi,

That is not possible at the moment. You can only use the CLI against a deployed service.

However, I do see how that could be useful. I’ve raised an internal ticket for this so we can consider adding that functionality in the future.

Thanks

Understood, thanks @efgpinto

Any updates on this functionality? :pray:

Yes, happy to share that since the CLI 2.0.36 and proxy/runtime 1.1.22 you can use kalix local command, which works like a prefix to existing commands to get the entity state: kalix local services components :: Kalix Documentation

Stay tuned, because we are also working on listing Timers and a more detailed view of Workflow execution. Just update your CLI and runtime to the latest versions.

1 Like