Minimum per Service Cost (on Pay-As-You-Go)

Hi,

I’m planning a distributed application with 7 or 8 subsystems and each containing a number of entities/services and their views, actions etc.

I have checked out the pricing page but can’t work out the answer to my questions, so hopefully someone here can help me.

I have two main questions:

1. What would be the minimum cost per service roughly speaking on the Pay-As-You-Go-Plan, assuming near zero data and near zero messages.

2. I was thinking of having a project for each subsystem but with the limit to two iin PAYG would it be best to just have a large collection of services.

Most of the time the system would only be used for testing, during the initial period, until we have a system that could be used for customers.

I know services can be tested locally but I don’t believe the entire system could be run locally (but please tell me if I am wrong).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the quesitons above.

Cheers,
Ashley.

Hi Ashley,

Given the fact that your Kalix services are going to have near zero messages and data, the only thing you’d be charged for is the Compute.We’re working on an update to the PAYG pricing and certain features that help Kalix customers optimize costs. Please book a slot on my calendar and I’d be happy to walk you through the pricing and how you could optimize costs for your Kalix deployments and suggest solutions to the project limiter.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul
PM@Kalix

1 Like